





This was my first CIP done this year.
This CIP made me super tired because we had to report at 10pm and stay overnight. We slept 1am and had to wake up at 4am. And guess what, we woke up so early for nothing, we travelled to Sentosa and waited until like 2pm plus for the event to began.In the meantime, we really had nothing to do and started walking around and take random pictures.And the station that my friends and I did was to dress up and pirates and wait for people to find us. It was those race that the contestents were suppose to run around and complete missions. I felt like we were so redundant as we were the "fake"pirates and we just sit there wait for people to find us just to tell them that we were the wrong ones.
They told us lunch was provided but we didn't get any lunch cause apparently there wasn't enough to go around. So I had to buy cup noodles and eat since I am not suppose go anywhere.
Okay so the second not-very- good- experience- that- i- had CIP was where we had to act as bike marshalls to guide the cyclists of the route that they were supposed to go. So the organiser dropped us one by one at specific locations where they wanted us to be at. Some were dropped off at quite ulu places. I was dropped across Republic polytechnic where i just sat there on the grass next to the pavement. Okay so I got many stares at people thinking that i was insane to sit there. Like what the heck was i doing did i li jia chu zhou or something, somemore my bag and all were placed on the grass. Never mind. I quite thick-skin and ignored all the stares for N hours waiting ang waiting for the marathon to began so that i can "direct"the cyclists by waving the red flag. The cyclists were suppose to turn right and cross the traffic junction so that i can direct them to go straight all the way. A few of the cyclists didn't turn right at the junction and went straight instead so they missed me.They eventually reversed and turned right where i was. Then they scolded me say why i stand there like it was my fault, after all it is they position me one and i cannot anyhow shift if not later the bus cannot find me and pick me up.
I was quite fed up at this point and after finally waiting for how many hours the bus picked us up and we sat in the bus for 5 hours just to pick up cyclists and wait for other people to complete their duties. Okay so next time i am not attending ABCDEF organised events anymore. Seriously. It was not even meaningful time spent like we did CIP for 1 HOUR and waited for 20 hours. The whole cip is 22 hours. And it had spill over effects, i was super exhausted in school for two weeks




No comments:
Post a Comment